Manually VEST a Token 🤑
While $VEST is still in development, the core of its vesting functionality can be used today for projects looking to creating a vesting schedule for their projects.
This quick How-To guide goes over the steps required to vest your token using our core VESTing contracts
In order for our VESTing contract to lock tokens on your behalf, you must first approve our staking contract to move tokens on your behalf. Your token must be verified in order for this to succeed.
- 1.First, navigate to your token contract on BSCscan, select Contract and the writeContract. For example, here is the START token contract: https://bscscan.com/address/0x31d0a7ada4d4c131eb612db48861211f63e57610#writeContract
2. Next, access your MetaMask wallet that currently stores the tokens you would like to vest and click Connect to Web3 in BSCscan
3. Once your wallet is connected, simply scroll down the window to the approve method of the contract and enter our VEST contract address and a high amount, such as 100,000 TOKEN. It must be entered in 1e18 format (e.g. 100,000 is represented as 100000000000000000000000000)
4. Click Write to approve the spend
In order to complete the process, you must first switch to the proper account in MetaMask and connect your wallet to BSCscan.
- 1.The first step is to access your MetaMask wallet that currently stores the tokens you would like to vest.
- 2.The next step is to open our VEST token contract on BSCscan and connect it to your wallet
3. Click Connect to Web3 to connect your wallet to our contract
4. Once your wallet has been connected, scroll down to the lockTokens function and enter the desired values as shown below
5. Click Write to save your entries. Repeat these steps for each lock period you would like.